Pages

Monday, June 11, 2018

June 11. 2018

I do not like re-reading my posts and seeing all the misspelling and grammatical errors so maybe I just won't re-read them.   I don't know.  This is exactly why I have limited the audience, I picked people who won't really care and pick up on the message on the day's blog.  I do apologize, I should do better.  

Daniel told me the other day how tired he is.  Well, he should be, he didn't have any time to recover from surgery before we had to get things ready for the BB treatment.  The nurses were outstanding with all of this and have gone way overboard helping to pack everything up for the treatment and then turn around and unpack everything after the treatment.  Things are starting to settle down a bit.  Just in time for Daniel's stomach to start acting up again.  

I think he has at least a UTI if not a kidney or bladder infection.  We'll find out today when the hospice nurse Cindy comes by to check on Daniel and bring her test kit to figure out exactly what is going on.  He had two dilaudid, 3 dosages of morphine, 10 mg of THC, and some methadone and was still in pain.  So something is happening.  We tried different positions, heat, ice, everything he asked for and nothing gave him any relief.  I am waiting to hear what Cindy has to say and go from there.  

This pain thing wears us all out.  I can't stand it.  We have so many drugs at our disposal but when they don't work it is so frustrating.  I haven't been able to text or call yet because they are all working on him this morning, the morning routine takes a long time and a lot of work each and every morning just to get him ready for the day.  I'm so grateful for all of the caregivers.  We are truly blessed.  

So I will let you know when I know what is going on.  I want to go in but I'm told I just run in too much and need to settle down and just be home for awhile.  It's so hard to stay put.  I can't focus!  


Thanks for reading.  I love you all.  








No comments:

Post a Comment